LOCKOUT / TAGOUT Require - Where?
- Repairing electrical circuits.
- Cleaning or oiling machinery with moving parts.
- Clearing jammed mechanisms.
OSHA lets each employer use LOCKOUT / TAG OUT or both. It’s your responsibility to follow whichever system has been chosen for your workplace. Locks and Tags by themselves do not de-energize equipment. Attach them only after the machinery has been isolated from its energy sources.
LOCKOUT / TAGOUT Applied – Where?
- Energy isolation and LOCKOUT / TAGOUT are to be applied only by trained employees authorized to perform service or maintenance.
- Before LOCKOUT / TAGOUT is applied, all employees who work in the affected area must be notified.
- OSHA requires that control of hazardous energy be done according to a six-step procedure